One of the most important home appliances you must have is a high-quality refrigerator that’s reliable, spacious and has a high energy efficiency that will keep your food fresh for as long as possible. Because they’re such big additions to your kitchen, it would also be great if they’re stylish too. While there are plenty of different brands available today, we’ve curated this list of the best-quality refrigerator brands that you should consider.
Table of Contents
Best-Quality Refrigerator Brands
Below are some of the best refrigerator brands that you can find in the market today.
- All of their appliances are designed and developed with beautiful aesthetics
- With high-tech features such as Keurig K-Cup systems and a hot water dispenser
- Offers stylish French door, side-by-side, and four-door refrigerators
- Has a 7-day return window for free along with a $99 flat rate for shipping
- Comes with a warranty period of 1 year for parts and 5 years for refrigeration components
Café is known as an appliance brand that’s known for luxurious fridges that prioritize aesthetics, making it a good choice if you’re looking to make your kitchen stand out. Their matte black refrigerators are stunning and unique, bringing an organic and moody vibe into any kitchen and setting the tone in any room. People who swear by this brand know that not only are their appliances gorgeous, but their quality is also on par with many other well-known brands.
This brand is actually manufactured by GE, offering plenty of stylish refrigerators in all kinds of models, including under-counter drawers as well as built-in ones. One of the most unique things about this brand is that you can customize the hardware on your fridge, so you can choose various metallic finishes that can match your decor perfectly. Because they offer high-end designs, it’s only fitting that their products are outfitted with advanced features.
Many of their refrigerators come with smart capabilities and some of their French door models even come with Keurig K-Cup systems or hot water dispensers. Unfortunately, this brand won’t come cheap, and their most affordable models start at $3,000. Most of their models will come at around $4,000.
- Known as one of the most reliable refrigerator brands in the world
- They offer high-end models that offer special features
- Provides a long return window of up to 15 days as well as free shipping
- One of the most popular refrigerator brands in the market
- With a 1 year warranty for parts and labor and up to 5 years for the compressor
Whether you shop in-store or online, it’s impossible not to see a range of LG models — they have always been popular with homeowners for a good reason. LG refrigerators come in a wide selection of models, including French doors, side-by-side doors, and basic models. This brand also likes to feature the latest technology, offering Wi-Fi connectivity, new ice styles, and InstaView, which allows you to see what’s inside your fridge.
This brand produces some of the best refrigerators in the market today and is known for its reliable products that won’t need as many repairs compared to most manufacturers. Their products are backed by a 1-year warranty for their parts and labor and 5 years for their compressors. The one downside to this company is that its customer service isn’t as good as others.
Many people agree that it’s hard to schedule repairs or file a warranty claim with this brand. As such, you might be better off purchasing from a third-party retailer such as Lowe’s or Home Depot if you want service options or an extended warranty.
- Offers a wide selection of refrigerators in a variety of styles
- With finger-print resistant finishes that make them the ideal choice for families
- Fridges come with adjustable bins and shelves
- Provides a 30-day return window if you’re unsatisfied with their products
- Has a warranty period of 1 year for parts and 5 years for the compressor and sealed components
If you’re looking for a new fridge that comes at lower prices from a brand that produces top-notch products, then Whirlpool refrigerators are for you. This trusted brand offers various models such as top freezer, bottom freezer, side-by-side, and French door fridges. Most of their fridges come with adjustable door bins and shelves which allows you to organize food however you want.
This manufacturer is among the top refrigerator brands and has earned a reputation for its reliability and user satisfaction, but doesn’t offer smart features such as connectivity. Their products are without frills, which allows them to have a more affordable price. While they don’t come with bells and whistles, everything from Whirlpool is perfectly functional and practical.
They also offer stainless-steel models with fingerprint-resistant finishes, which keeps them looking clean even when used in busy households. Whirlpool offers a 30-day window for returns on all their major appliances, which is much longer compared to other brands. Just keep in mind that there’s also a 15% restocking fee even when your product is undamaged if you purchased directly from them.
- Offers many basic and budget-friendly options
- Comes with adjustable organization features for your specific needs
- Their products come in a wide range of sizes to suit your home
- With a 7-day return window and free shipping for all orders above $399
- Has a 1-year warranty for parts and labor
If you’re not interested in a smart fridge and would rather get the best fridge on a limited budget, then Frigidaire refrigerators might be the best option for you. They offer basic top-freezer models that start at $600 and also have reasonably priced four-door and side-by-side models that are easy on the pockets. While their products don’t come with innovative features or smart compatibility, they’re very practical and functional thanks to their flexible storage options.
The one thing to look out for when purchasing a product from Frigidaire is that you’ll likely find them in third-party retailers like Lowe’s and Home Depot. This is because the brand will only sell directly within select stores. Take note of this as you shop since every store will have their own policies in place when it comes wot restocking and returns.
- Their more expensive models come with extra features
- With a high reputation for their reliable products
- They offer discounts for customers of all kinds of professions
- Offers a 7-day period for the return of your item and a $99 flat rate for shipping
- Has a warranty period of 1 year for parts and 5 years for sealed components
When you want the latest and greatest in kitchen appliances, look no further than General Electric and its many products. While they have many basic top and bottom fridge models, many will be interested in the GE profile line, which comes with all kinds of smart refrigerators. Some features you can expect include drawers with temperature control, built-in Keurig K-Cup systems, hands-free water dispensers, and door-in-door designs.
Apart from these great features, GE also ranks highly when it comes to the reliability of its products, although its customer support could be improved. Luckily, they do offer a full refund on all their appliances when returned within 7 days and people in education, healthcare, and military can get discounts.
- All of their refrigerators have a sleek design that makes them suitable for any home
- With fast-working and efficient ice makers perfect for summer days
- A brand that has a wonderful reputation for quality
- Each model has been Energy Star-certified which means it uses less energy
- Offers a warranty period of 1 year for parts and 5 years for their electronic components
This brand is known for its well-made appliances and its selection of refrigerators are no exception. Most of their models in the market today feature French door designs that have a stainless steel finish and all of their products are Energy Star-certified which equates to energy savings. Many of their models will come with smart capabilities, and their popular 800 Series French Door model can make as many as 12 pounds of ice every day.
They also have models that help to maintain fresh produce through humidity-controlled crispers and precise temperature control. While these fridges are well-designed and attractive, they won’t come cheap and their high-end models will cost anywhere from $2,500 to $4,000. Moreover, you may need to shop with a third-party dealer since Bosch doesn’t sell their fridges directly to consumers.
- Many of their models come with a sleek and modern look
- Gets consistently high reviews and ratings from customers
- With useful features like their Family Hub
- Offers a return window of 15 days with free shipping
- Has a 1-year warranty period for parts and labor, 5 years for sealed systems, and 10 years for compressors
Samsung refrigerators are also among the most popular brands for homeowners and are especially in high demand for people looking for sleek and modern appliances for their kitchens. They offer some of the best side-by-side refrigerators but their Bespoke line is also making waves through their fully customizable that feature custom artwork or bright colors. If you don’t mind spending more money to get a unique design, Samsung fridges are the perfect addition to your kitchen.
Because Samsung is a prominent electronics brand, you can expect many of their refrigerators to come with smart capabilities. One of these features is the Family Hub, which is essentially a tablet that’s built right into the front of their fridge where you can share photos, control other smart devices around your home, stream TV shows or music, and even grocery list. Other features to check out include their Mega Capacity refrigerators, which come with as much as 32 cubic feet of storage space.
- Their fridges come in sleek and contemporary designs for a more modern look
- Offers built-in models for a more custom look that will help your kitchen stand out
- Known as one of the most trusted brands for kitchen appliances in the world
- Account holders can return products up to 60 days after purchase
- With a warranty period of up to 1 year for parts and 5 years on sealed refrigeration systems
While KitchenAid is already known for its iconic stand mixer, this brand has also expanded to make bigger appliances over the past few years. As a result, they’ve produced a lineup of refrigerators that offer aesthetics, high-end features, and versatility. Many of their current options come in a French door or a side-by-side design, but they also offer a 5-door design as well as built-in models to give your kitchen a seamless look.
When you want convenient features, KitchenAid refrigerators come with slide-out trays that can take heavy serving platters, slide-away shelving, and measured water dispensing. However, their appliances don’t come with Wi-Fi, so you might be disappointed if you’re looking for options that can connect to your smartphone.
- Mainly provides compact refrigerators that will fit in small spaces
- Most of their models will cost around $1,000 or less
- Made exclusively by Best Buy, so you can rest easy with the included warranty
- With a 15-day return window along with a $99 shipping cost
- Offers a warranty period of 1 year for parts and labor
Not a lot of people will be familiar with the Insignia brand because you won’t find them when browsing your local department stores. The reason for this is that this brand is made exclusively by Best Buy, and is a wonderful choice if you’re after an inexpensive refrigerator that will fit in a home with limited space. Many Insignia fridges will retail for under $1,000 and many of them will have a capacity of 10 cubic feet, which means they’re the right size for small apartments.
They do, however, offer full-size options as well, and include a reasonably priced side-by-side option that comes in a stainless steel finish. Their refrigerators will be quite basic with adjustable shelves inside, but you can be sure that they’re reliable and will fit small items to feed a number of people.
- Well-built appliances with extreme durability to last for a long time
- Most of their designs can be fitted using custom panels
- Their large designs mean they can carry a lot of food items
- Offers a 2-year warranty period for parts and labor and 5 years for sealed systems
This luxury appliance brand always gets the seal of approval from various designers due to its sleek designs and long-lasting endurance. According to various consumer reports, Sub-Zero products have an average lifespan of 20 years, so you never have to worry about replacing your new unit any time soon. Sub-Zero offers a great selection of high-end refrigerators that include under-counter options, wine fridges, built-in, and freestanding models.
Many of their appliances are also panel-ready, which means you can outfit them with custom cabinets to give your kitchen a seamless look. They also offer bigger models for a more generous storage space that can help you store more fresh foods. While they’re a favorite with designers, these fridges aren’t exactly cheap and most of their models will come with a hefty price tag of over $5,000.
Best-Quality Refrigerator Buyer’s Guide
When you’re looking for the best refrigerator in the market, you’ll want to consider the product’s reliability and quality, along with other factors such as extra features, warranty, and return options. It’s also best not to fall into the trap of thinking that a higher price equates to better performance because this isn’t always the case with fridges. As such, be sure to look for the following to ensure that you take home a product with value, style, and quality.
When you’re looking for a new refrigerator, think about how many times it will open and shut every day — be sure to look for high-quality materials to ensure that it lasts for a long time. Be sure to check if a particular product is made from stainless steel, or if their shelves are made using plastic or glass. When possible, be sure to visit a retail store to check the quality of a product in person to help you determine if it’s the right choice for you.
If you’re looking for small and compact models under $1,000, then go with Insignia — if you’re after basic full-sized fridges then look towards Whirlpool and Frigidaire. But if you have more to spend and want to purchase a mid-tier product, then you can rely on Bosch, GE, and LG for something with a bit more options. When you have the budget to splurge, you can always look at luxury brands such as Café, Sub-Zero, and Samsung which have the latest technology and fully customizable looks.
When shopping for a fridge, decide whether you want a basic model or something that’s more modern. Many brands have smart refrigerators on offer which can be used with your smartphone, while more advanced models come with touch screen displays. While they’re not totally necessary, they can add versatility to your kitchen but will also cost more.
If anything goes wrong with your refrigerator, a brand that offers a long warranty period can save you a lot of trouble. Most brands will offer a 1-year warranty on labor and parts and some will offer a warranty on the compressor for up to 5 years. Just keep in mind that many warranties are limited, so some manufacturers may not honor them if you don’t meet certain conditions.
If you’re looking for a French door refrigerator, you’ll be happy to know that there are many options for you to choose from. Many brands will offer many different features, which may include an ice dispenser, water filter, glass shelves, and easy access to food items. But no matter which brand you choose, be sure that you consider the various factors listed above along with the needs for your kitchen.
- Kitchen Accessory Buying Guides
- Kitchen Appliance Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookbook Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookware Buying Guides
- Kitchen Pantry Food Buying Guides
- Does Food Go Bad Articles
- Food Comparison Articles
- Foods That Start With Letter Articles
- How Long Can Food Sit Out Articles
- How To Defrost Food Articles
- How To Reheat Food Articles
- How To Soak Food Articles
- Popular Foods Articles
- What Does It Taste Like Articles