When your kitchen is in a mess, using warm water to clean it up won’t do — you’ll need a multi-purpose cleaner that will clear out the toughest grease. A powerful degreaser can cut through greasy areas with ease, using a concentrated formula that can eliminate oil stains, and food stains, while breaking down food particles. In this article, we share the best kitchen degreasers that are strong enough to be used in commercial kitchens while serving as the perfect solution for your needs.
Table of Contents
What are Kitchen Degreasers?
Kitchen degreasers are used as a cleaning solution that’s used to keep your kitchen clean and free from grease, many of which will work on a variety of surfaces within your home. Heavy-duty degreasers contain hydrocarbon solvents that provide extra cleaning power along with a nice smell. Xylene and kerosene are among the most common solvents used in making kitchen degreasers but they’re also used in paint thinners and disinfectants, along with other uses.
Why Do You Need a Kitchen Degreaser?
It’s a good idea to have a kitchen degreaser around the home since they’re so convenient to use; most will be great for all kinds of messes and will leave a pleasant smell. They are made to be fast-acting solutions that can be a great option in case of unexpected messes while streamlining your kitchen’s cleaning and cooking experience. Moreover, some will serve as all-purpose cleaners that can help you save space and costs around your home.
Best Kitchen Degreasers
If you’re after the best degreaser in the market that’s strong enough to leave your barbecue grill spotless and help you become a cleaning expert, then here are the 8 best options for you.
- With a foaming formula that works great for cleaning vertical surfaces
- This one-step foaming cleaner uses a spray and wipe-away formula
- Won’t drip and run down unlike other kinds in the market
- Made specially for appliances and tools used in the kitchen
- Best degreaser to use on grease located around vent hoods and backsplashes
The Goo Gone Kitchen Degreaser is a good option when you want to remove tough grease from stoves, counters, pots, range hoods, dishware, pans, oven interiors, and microwaves. Developed to cut through greasy and baked-on food, it works best when it’s left to soak for a few minutes before you brush or wipe it away. However, it’s important to remember that this option shouldn’t be used on unsealed stone, aluminum surfaces, varnished surfaces, or unfinished wood.
- This effective stainless steel cleaner is perfect for range hoods, stove tops, and burner grates
- Uses a cruelty-free formula that’s been tested without the use of animals
- Cuts through burnt-on messes, oil, grease, and food contact surfaces
- With a bottle that’s made from 100% recycled plastics
- Comes with a lemongrass fragrance that has a clean and crisp aroma
If you’re looking for a good kitchen degreaser, the Method Heavy Duty Degreaser is second to none and will easily cut through grease found on drip pans, microwaves, and more. When you want to get rid of burnt-on messes, simply allow hard surfaces to cool off completely then spray and wait for 3 minutes before wiping it clean. Made with plant-based grease cutters, it also leaves a lemongrass fragrance that’s suitable for home use.
- Made to be eco-friendly using natural ingredients
- Uses a streak-free formula so it won’t leave any residue
- This versatile organic cleaner can be used in any room around your home
- Contains no harsh chemicals and is safe to use around children and pets
- Comes with a pleasant thyme and white tea scent
The Trinova Green Standard All-Purpose Cleaner is an eco-friendly and streak-free cleaner that uses a natural solution that tackles even the toughest of stains. Because it can be used as a general purpose degreaser, it can be used on all kinds of surfaces such as bathtubs, baseboards, painted walls, counters, stove tops, and more. And because it’s a gentler cleaning agent, you can clean with the peace of mind knowing that your kids and pets will be safe.
- Uses a non-toxic formula that’s safe around food
- Works on delicate surfaces such as the bathroom and on fabrics
- Is EPA Safer Choice certified which means it is safe for people, pets, and the environment
- Formulated to be tougher on grease but safe to use on surfaces for food prep
- Leaves behind a grease-free and clean surface
As its name suggests, the Krud Kutter Kitchen Degreaser is suitable for use on indoor and outdoor surfaces, such as grease traps, kitchen surfaces, ceramic tiles, and the kitchen sink. Moreover, it can also work wonders on your kitchen cabinets, exhaust fan, and PVC windows — it also provides the best results when cleaning an oily kitchen range hood. This degreaser can cut through greasy surfaces by breaking down grime and grease without the use of ammonia, bleach, or other toxic materials.
- This concentrated degreaser is made to wipe off tough grease, grime, and dirt
- A great multi-purpose cleaner that’s great for the kitchen and outdoor grill
- Contains no perfume, phosphates, or caustic sodas and uses a water-based formula
- Effortlessly removes heavily encrusted dirt, oils, and all kinds of grease
- Great to use for other non-porous surfaces such as bikes, boats, or ATVs
While this brand isn’t too well-known just yet, the KH-7 Degreaser sure works wonders and uses a fast-acting formula that can cut through grease on all kinds of surfaces. But the best part about it is that it also works on fabrics, so you can be sure that everything in your home can stay squeaky clean. All you need to do is spray your cleaner on tough stains and allow it to sit for a few minutes then wipe it off using a damp cloth.
- These are natural cleaners made without harmful chemicals and only natural ingredients
- Uses an effective formula while still being gentle on your hands
- Contains no phosphates, sulfates, animal by-products, synthetic fragrances, dyes, or ammonia
- Made with a biodegradable formula that’s vegan, hypoallergenic, and gluten-free, which makes it safe for septic systems
- A cruelty-free product that will leave a wonderful scent in your home
When you want a degreaser that’s both non-toxic and eco-friendly, then look no further than Puracy Multi-Surface Cleaner Concentrate. To get started, simply spray and wipe your surfaces clean with a microfiber cloth — use it on all kinds of surfaces such as counters, chrome, floors, electronics, granite, furniture, marble, glass, and more! You’ll also find that you won’t be stuck with a nasty oily smell anymore since it comes in two delightful scents; Green Tea and Lime as well as Organic Lemongrass, both of which will keep your home smelling fresh and welcoming.
- Powerful and versatile while still safe to use around your home
- Can be used on filters, aluminum surfaces, glass, rubber, plastic, leather, and more
- Made using sustainable materials that will help you help the environment
- Many have used it to remove grease from industrial machines and automotive parts
- An odorless formula that comes in many sizes for all your needs
Degreasing your range hood has never been easier with the WD-40 Specialist Industrial-Strength Cleaner! Use it on shop floors, commercial appliances, and all kinds of equipment around your home. It’s also compatible for use with pressure washers and comes in 5 different sizes to fit all your needs. Plus it meets all the requirements for sustainability certifications, which means that it’s not just safe for your home but also limits the carbon footprint it leaves in the environment.
- This powerful degreaser and home cleaner is the best kitchen cleaner that can help with all kinds of uses
- A versatile orange oil concentrate that can remove grease, ink, food, odors, dirt, glue, soap scum, and more
- Uses an extraction process that doesn’t involve heat, and its cold-pressed technique preserves its qualities perfectly
- Provides effective cleaning on all kinds of surfaces such as porcelain, granite, metal, glass, tile, concrete, brick, rubber, plastic, stucco, and more
- Contains around 80% to 95% D-Limonene, which is a naturally occurring degreaser and solvent
Looking for a streak-free degreaser that will work on any surface around your home? Then the Green Gobbler All Natural Cleaner will leave you with a pleasant citrus scent that will bring a fresh smell to your kitchen. Because it’s so concentrated, you can make as many as 20 bottles with it, so you’ll never have to buy different products for the months to come. While chemicals like ammonia and bleach will leave toxic fumes, you never have to worry about that with this citric acid cleaner made from natural materials.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Degreaser
The cleaning process doesn’t have to be boring as long as you choose the right products for your needs. Here’s what you should look for when it comes to different types of degreasers.
Always prioritize your family’s safety whenever you choose a range hood degreaser. Make sure that it won’t harm your family’s health, is free from any toxic ingredients, and comes with clear instructions.
To get the most out of your money, choose a degreaser that serves the purpose of various cleaning products for your kitchen and home. A multipurpose degreaser will be able to clean countertops, stove tops, and many other greasy surfaces, which means you won’t need any other.
Be sure to use a degreaser that has the appropriate strength for your range hood and other equipment. A heavy-duty degreaser is the right choice for the build up of grease while a lighter option is the best for general maintenance.
Some degreasers will come with fragrances to hide unpleasant odors and this may seem appealing at first. However, consider whether people in your household have allergies or sensitivities to fragrances.
There is a wide range of kitchen degreasers for you to choose from but you can be sure that the ones here are a cut above the rest. No matter what kind of equipment you use in your kitchen and home, you can be sure to find a degreaser that can help with even the toughest of stains and stubborn build-up.
- Kitchen Accessory Buying Guides
- Kitchen Appliance Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookbook Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookware Buying Guides
- Kitchen Pantry Food Buying Guides
- Does Food Go Bad Articles
- Food Comparison Articles
- Foods That Start With Letter Articles
- How Long Can Food Sit Out Articles
- How To Defrost Food Articles
- How To Reheat Food Articles
- How To Soak Food Articles
- Popular Foods Articles
- What Does It Taste Like Articles