While coffee purists only take their coffee black, other coffee lovers prefer creamy coffee over anything else. There are plenty of options when it comes to coffee creamers, but not all are made equal and some will be superior to others in terms of taste and value. In this comprehensive article, we share the best powder creamers for coffee that will suit a wide range of preferences for the perfect cup of joe.
Table of Contents
Best Powder Creamers for Coffee
If you’re looking for the best powdered coffee creamer, but are looking for something suited to your individual needs then check out our top picks below.
- A fat-free powdered creamer that’s also gluten-free and lactose-free
- The original powdered coffee creamer with velvety goodness
- Non-dairy creamer that can be poured and stirred into your hot coffee
- Known worldwide for its unparalleled and delicious flavor
The original Coffee-mate by Nestle is undoubtedly one of the most common yet highly valued powdered creamers for coffee. This creamer is both cholesterol-free and lactose-free, but even though it’s labeled as “non-dairy,” it does contain around 2% sodium caseinate, a milk derivative. However, it’s not a source of lactose according to Nestle; apart from the Original creamer, you can enjoy their Vanilla Caramel, Hazelnut, and French Vanilla flavors.
- Among the best non-dairy options that can be used on coffee, tea, and smoothies
- Formulated using matcha to boost energy and decrease appetite
- Coconut oil-based creamer with an all-natural blend
- A creamer that’s sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, and cholesterol-free
Made from coconut oil, the Leaner Creamer Non-Dairy Sugar-Free Coffee Creamer Powder is a lactose-free, sugar-free, cholesterol-free, and gluten-free option that stands among the best non-dairy creamers in the market. It includes 3 natural supplements; Green Tea Leaf extract, Citrus Aurantium, and Hoodia Gordonii all of which are also active ingredients. Finally, this creamer has no soybean oils, no high-fructose corn syrup solids, and no artificial flavors or colors.
- Instantly add Vitamins A and D along with Calcium to your coffee
- Can be used in baking your muffins and breads to make them tender
- Great for adding flavor to your soups and sauces
- Long shelf life and can be stored until you’re ready to use it
If your main criteria for the best powdered creamer include mixability and taste, then you can’t go wrong with the Carnation Instant Nonfat Dry Milk. Plenty of coffee drinkers agree that this option is the closest thing to real milk, and is made even better since it’s fortified with Vitamins A and D, adding further nutritional value. Plus, you can also use it to bake your breads and pastries, so even if you don’t drink much coffee, its versatility can give you great value for money.
- Features plenty of nutrients such as vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, and more
- Just add water to enjoy, resulting in a smooth texture
- Tastes like real full-cream milk in powdered form
- It can be used in other ways apart from making coffee
This isn’t just another powdered milk. Peak’s Instant Full-Cream Dry Whole Milk Powder has the classic flavor of full-cream milk but with the added benefits of Calcium, vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D3, and folic acid. It’s also easy to use; just mix it with water for a smooth texture that you can use on many things apart from coffee.
Because it’s so versatile, you can also use it instead of milk to make your porridge creamier, and you can take it with you on your travels, making it a versatile option.
- Offers a gluten-free and vegan option that you can use for your culinary needs
- One of the most nutrient-packed and healthy coffee creamers in powder form
- Organic coconut powdered milk without any GMOs, gluten, or additives
- Effortlessly make creamy coconut milk by adding water
Z Natural Foods offers the wholesome goodness of Organic Coconut Milk Powder that you can use in your coffee, smoothie, and all your favorite dishes. When you want to enjoy your favorite coffee, this organic option contains natural ingredients that allow it to taste just like fresh coconut milk. It’s bursting with vitamins, minerals, MCTs, Lauric Acid, potassium, iron, and calcium to create a powerful tonic for the body and soul.
- This plant-based coffee creamer powder is free from dairy products
- With natural foods such as organic coconut sugar, coconut milk, and coconut oil
- A shelf-stable powdered creamer that has plenty of beneficial minerals
- Contains no additives or filters, artificial sweeteners or colors
The Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer is a keto-friendly coffee creamer that’s also suitable for people on paleo and vegan diets since it’s completely free from dairy products. Made from the highest-quality natural and whole food ingredients that have been sustainably sourced to make the best coffee creamers. You’ll love just how healthy this powdered creamer is; it’s free from gluten, soy, sugar additives, artificial colors, ingredients, and chemicals, and has no GMOs.
- With only 3g net carbs, it’s one of the healthiest dairy-free creamers
- Mixes into any drink, including tea, hot coffee, iced coffee, and blended beverages
- Contains MCT oil to support your mental focus, concentration, and energy levels
- This all-in-one coffee creamer is keto-friendly and provides 45 servings
You’ll love this great-tasting keto coffee with MCT Oil Powder by 360 Nutrition which is naturally sweetened with coconut sugar to create healthy keto beverages. This dairy-free coffee creamer is also soy-free, and gluten-free — it has no artificial flavors or sweeteners, is free of fillers, and is also suitable for vegans. The best thing about this option is that it promotes ketone production while helping you feel more energized and lively throughout your day.
- This Amazon-brand coffee creamer comes with worry-free expiration dates
- Comes in convenient and compact packaging that makes it suitable for travel
- Provides a rich and creamy texture to all kinds of coffee
- A versatile option that leaves no clumps behind, so you can use it for anything
Unlike most of the other choices in this list, the Happy Belly Powdered Non-dairy Original Coffee Creamer from Amazon comes in different flavors such as vanilla, hazelnut, mocha, or caramel. It also offers a velvety consistency to every cup it’s used on and won’t overpower the taste of your coffee, bringing a smooth, crisp taste to every sip, and will soon be an essential part of your coffee routine. Finally, the convenience it offers makes it all the more enjoyable when you’re on the go — it’s like having a coffee shop with you wherever you go.
How to Choose Your Coffee Creamer?
If you’re unfamiliar with all the available options in the market, choosing the right coffee creamer can be an overwhelming task. The wide selection of brands can only make the task even more daunting, but luckily there are things you can look for to point you toward the best choice.
With Flavor or Without?
Everyone enjoys their coffee differently, and some will prefer creamers with natural flavors while others will want a little extra flavor. But no matter your preference, there are available options that will answer your needs. One such example is the Happy Belly Coffee Creamer by Amazon, which comes in various flavors but apart from those, you can also look into butter pecan, peppermint mocha, and even a coconut creamer.
The taste of the creamer is an important consideration to make when looking for the best powder creamers since this is the main reason why you’re buying one in the first place. However, there are options available in the market that won’t have a taste and will work much like a liquid coffee creamer.
You should also take into consideration the mixability of a particular product. When working with creamers of harder mixability, it won’t be a problem if you’re working at home because you can simply use a mixer to help you. But if you’re traveling with your creamer, you’ll want to choose something that’s easier to mix into your coffee.
Different creamers will come with different ingredients; some with use only simple ingredients while others will use a more extensive ingredient list. Some will be formulated for people on a specific diet, while others are made for general use. Just keep in mind that your options will be fewer if you’re looking for a creamer with a lower calorie count.
Unfortunately, creamers in liquid form will come with a much shorter shelf life compared to powdered coffee creamers. This is why many people prefer the latter to the former, and many options can effectively eliminate your worries about expiration dates. When stored properly, powdered creamers can last between 6 to 12 months — just store them in a dry area and only refrigerate them when opened.
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to powder creamers for coffee.
Are Powdered Coffee Creamers Good for You?
As long as you follow the given instructions found on the packaging and ensure to pick an option that’s free from trans fats, corn syrup, additives, and preservatives, it can be good for you. Make sure that you pick a natural coffee creamer like the Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer, that contains only natural ingredients.
What’s the Healthiest Creamer to Use for Coffee?
There are options in the market that use coconut and almond milk as their main ingredient, which carry plenty of health benefits. Moreover, if you’re looking to lower your sugar intake, be sure to look for unsweetened creamers while those looking to improve their heart health should avoid creamers with hydrogenated vegetable oil, a type of trans fats. Those with dietary restrictions and lactose intolerance should steer clear from products with added sugar and look for dairy-free options instead.
Should I Choose Liquid or Powdered?
The biggest difference between powdered and liquid creamers is the shelf life. As mentioned above, creamers in powdered form will last longer and won’t expire quickly, provided that you keep it in a dry place under room temperature.
Whether you like black coffee or something creamier, you can’t deny that the best-powdered coffee creamer will help you create a great cup of coffee. Be sure to look for an option that will have your favorite flavor, and be sure to check out Amazon for a better selection compared to the ones available in your grocery store.
- Kitchen Accessory Buying Guides
- Kitchen Appliance Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookbook Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookware Buying Guides
- Kitchen Pantry Food Buying Guides
- Does Food Go Bad Articles
- Food Comparison Articles
- Foods That Start With Letter Articles
- How Long Can Food Sit Out Articles
- How To Defrost Food Articles
- How To Reheat Food Articles
- How To Soak Food Articles
- Popular Foods Articles
- What Does It Taste Like Articles