Everyone loves to order falafel when they fancy a visit to an Egyptian or Middle-Eastern special restaurant. These deep-fried delicacies are flavorsome and incredible, and no one would think of wasting them.
So if you end up having falafel leftovers, reheat them the next day to enjoy the same crisp and flavor.
Best Ways to Reheat Falafel
The best and quick way to reheat falafel is an oven, but a grill pan or skillet can work well too. You can always choose to reheat falafel in a microwave, but the results may alter its texture.
Can You Reheat Falafel in an Oven?
You can reheat falafel using an oven and enjoy a similar freshness. Follow these steps to know-how.
- Preheat the oven with the temperature setting to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Simply reheat it for a short time in high heat.
- Keep the frozen falafel in a safe container and place it in the oven.
- Let it heat up for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, serve and enjoy.
Can You Reheat Falafel in a Microwave?
If you choose a microwave to reheat your falafel, it may change its taste and texture. However, the steps to reheat falafel in the microwave are:
- Keep a damp towel over the falafels.
- Keep it in the microwave for 1 minute while using medium power.
- Check the temperature constantly while heating at shorter intervals.
- Keep an eye for the juiciness and texture.
Can You Reheat Falafel on the Stove?
The process of reheating falafel on the stove is fast and efficient. If you use a skillet over the stovetop, you will end up with soft, juicy falafel.
- Heat the skillet on the stove, add oil, and deep fry the falafels.
- Use enough oil to ensure the outside crisp and fluffiness inside the falafels.
- Heat the oil for about 5 minutes before adding the falafel balls.
- Add the falafel balls and let them fry for a couple of minutes until they turn crispy and golden brown.
Can You Reheat Falafel on a Grill?
To reheat falafel on a grill pan, follow these steps.
- Use the medium flame to heat the grill pan.
- Add a few drops of oil (olive oil) to the grill pan.
- Drop the falafels to get a quick fry until they are heated up.
- Finally, serve and enjoy.
Can You Reheat Falafel in a Toaster Oven?
Reheating falafels in a toaster oven is as easy and quick as reheating them in a normal oven. However, the steps to reheat falafels in a toaster oven include:
- Preheat the toaster oven at a temperature setting of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use aluminum foil to wrap the falafels loosely. It protects the falafels from drying out.
- Keep it in the oven for about 5-15 minutes. Bigger falafels take double the time, whereas small falafels take less time.
- When halfway, flip the falafels.
- Take them out, serve and enjoy.
Can You Reheat Falafel in an Air Fryer?
Reheating falafel in an air fryer gives better results than microwaving the delicacy. The steps for reheating falafel in an air fryer include:
- Preheating the air fryer between a temperature range of 390°F to 410°F for about 3 minutes.
- Keep the falafel in the fryer basket while arranging them in a way that they won’t touch each other.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes. Ensure to stir the falafel every few minutes to avoid scorching.
- If you find a change in texture and color, stop cooking.
- Finally, take them out and enjoy the same-old freshness of falafel balls.
How to Reheat Falafel Without Overcooking?
You must ensure using a little oil while using the grill pan or skillet. Excess oil can make the falafel balls undesirable and soggy. At times, less is better. You must ensure turning the balls over at constant intervals to avoid overcooking some sides.
If you keep one of the balls in the oil for too long, it will absorb the oil and become unpleasant to eat. The best tip is reheating the falafels at the right temperature and proper time intervals.
How Long to Reheat Falafel?
The time needed for reheating falafel depends on the specific reheating method you use. Typically, it takes about 5-10 minutes to reheat falafels in an oven or toaster oven. However, it could take about 3-4 minutes to reheat them in a preheated skillet or pan.
What Temperature is Needed to Safely Reheat Falafel?
The average standard temperature required for reheating falafels safely and efficiently is 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Kitchen Accessory Buying Guides
- Kitchen Appliance Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookbook Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookware Buying Guides
- Kitchen Pantry Food Buying Guides
- Does Food Go Bad Articles
- Food Comparison Articles
- Foods That Start With Letter Articles
- How Long Can Food Sit Out Articles
- How To Defrost Food Articles
- How To Reheat Food Articles
- How To Soak Food Articles
- Popular Foods Articles
- What Does It Taste Like Articles