There are a lot of fruits that can go bad very quickly. The main reason behind the spoilage of most of the food product such as fruits is probably the bacterial or fungal activity.
The strawberries are the type of fruit that can be easily affected because of many reasons. They can either get mold on them if you do not preserve them in a good manner or get affected by fungal activity.
The main reason is that if you do not keep them in a good manner. Moreover, the strawberries can also get bad easily if you wash them before many hours ago eating. Yes, they can go bad with soaking a lot of water and moisturizer.
Table of Contents
How to Store Strawberries?
Like many other fruits, you store the strawberries as well. You can enjoy the strawberries for a long time, even after its season, if you store them well.
However, strawberries can quickly go bad. They will quickly become mushy and soft. Therefore, if you want to store the strawberries, you should try the best methods to store them. Moreover, the top best methods to store your strawberries are as under.
Refrigerate the Strawberries
One of the best ways to store the strawberries is to store them in the freezer. The freezer can extend the shelf life of strawberries. Then it will also help to retain all its qualities for a long time.
Freeze the Strawberries
Then secondly. Refrigerating is the second-best option to store the strawberries. Storing the strawberries in the refrigerator can retain their qualities along with freshens.
Moreover, storing the strawberries in the refrigerator can extend its shelf life. You can use the plastic bag or any container for putting the strawberries in the refrigerator.
Store at Room Temperature
The third way to store the strawberries is to store them at room temperature. If you want to store them for two to three days only, it is also a good option. You can put the strawberries in a fruit basket at room temperature.
Such as you can put them on your kitchen counter. However, could you not wash them before? Try to wash the strawberries half an hour before eating.
Can You Freeze Strawberries?
There are many fruits that you cannot freeze because they do not have such qualities. Fortunately, strawberries are the type of fruit that are having the qualities to freeze them. So the answer to this question is very clear, strawberries are the type of fruit that can be easily frozen.
Freezing the strawberries can extend the shelf life of strawberries as well. By freezing the strawberries, you can enjoy them anytime throughout the year. Further, freezing the strawberries can also help to retain all the qualities and freshness. Moreover, you can freeze the strawberries in both ways.
That ways are that you can store the whole strawberries without cutting them. Also, you can store them in slice form as well. However, it would be best if you had a freezer bag to store the strawberries in the freezer. Further, you can also store the strawberries in the container. Such as any plastic container.
How Long Do Strawberries Last?
Strawberries are a type of fruit that can easily go bad. However, its lasting depends upon how you keep them. There is variation in the lasting strawberries period; if you put them at room temperature, you put them in the refrigerator and fridge.
However, the lasting time of frozen strawberries is the longest time than that all. If you brought the strawberries today and kept them out at room temperature, they can last for three days. Similarly, if you store the strawberries in the refrigerator, then they can last for seven days.
If you keep the strawberries in the freezer, then they may last longer. The frozen strawberries can last for almost a year. Moreover, there is one tip to extend the shelf-life of strawberries. That tip is that do not wash the strawberries until you want to eat.
How to Tell If Strawberries Go Bad?
Strawberries can bad easily. Few indicators can tell you when you need to throw your strawberries. The following indicators are as under;
- If you see mold on the strawberries, then it means that your strawberries have gone bad.
- Secondly, if your strawberries go spongy and soft, then it means strawberries are spoiled.
- Thirdly, if you see that your strawberries looked shrink than normal, then it is also the indicator that it has gone bad.
- Fourthly, if you feel any change in taste and feel bad odor, then it is also a sign that strawberries have gone bad.
- Then one more indicator is that if you see any discoloration or any color change. Then it means that you should dispose of those strawberries.
- Further, if you feel any unpleasant odor in your strawberries then is also an indicator to dispose of them.
- Lastly, if you feel any change in the taste, then that of normal. This also shows that your strawberries have gone bad.
- Kitchen Accessory Buying Guides
- Kitchen Appliance Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookbook Buying Guides
- Kitchen Cookware Buying Guides
- Kitchen Pantry Food Buying Guides
- Does Food Go Bad Articles
- Food Comparison Articles
- Foods That Start With Letter Articles
- How Long Can Food Sit Out Articles
- How To Defrost Food Articles
- How To Reheat Food Articles
- How To Soak Food Articles
- Popular Foods Articles
- What Does It Taste Like Articles